Front panel of the parking meter is designed in a clear way that makes it easy to operate the machine.
User can communicate with parking meter through:
- set of LCD displays,
- 4 function keys: ACCEPT, PAYMENT, CANCEL, LANGUAGE,
- user keyboard for entering license numbers,
- card reader,
- coin slot,
- returned coins compartment,
- ticket compartment,
- LED signaling parking meter status,
- user instruction in three languages – Polish, English, and German.
- TheACCEPT key is marked with a green pictograph, the so called “check” sign. It is used to accept the end of parking ticket payment operation, which leads to printing of the ticket.
- TheLANGUAGE key – allows the user to change the language in which messages are displayed at any moment.
- The PAYMENTkeys marked with URBANCARD logo are used for paying fee in the selected amount with Wroclawska Karta Miejska URBANCARD card.
- 4. The keyboard is used for entering license number of a vehicle.
- The CANCELkey – allows user to exit operation without making payment.
- 6. Card – here the Wroclawska Karta Miejska URBANCARD card reader is placed.
Payment with coins:
- Slide coins into the coin slot – this will cause the parking meter to “wake up”. The display will show information e.g. on the total amount of money slid into the machine through the coin slot, the amount of parking time paid for, and the time when the paid for period ends.
- 2. Using keyboard enter license number of the vehicle for parking of which you want to pay – the display will show the entered license.
- Use ACCEPTkey to approve the operation (purchase of a parking ticket), or use CANCELkey to exit::
– when you push theACCEPT key, the machine will print your ticket,
– when you push the CANCEL key, the machine will return the money you slid into it.
During the whole operation the display will be showing text messages, which will help you.
Minimal amount of payment, which you can make in a parking meter, is 50 groszs.
Parking meter does not return any change!
Payment with Wroclawska Karta Miejska URBANCARD card:
1. Slide the card into the card reader – this will cause the parking meter to “wake up”.
2. Set the amount you want to pay using the key for raising fee rate – this way you can select the amount of fee and the time for which you want to park your vehicle. Every time you push the key for raising fee rate (0.50 PLN or 2 PLN) the fee amount is increased by 0.50 PLN or by 2 PLN. This amount is automatically converted to the time length of parking period.
Note: When using Wroclawska Karta Miejska URBANCARD card you can pay any extra charge using coins.
3. Using keyboard enter license number of the vehicle for parking of which you want to pay – the display will show the entered license.
4.UsingACCEPTkey approve the operation (purchase of a parking ticket), or use CANCELkey to exit:
– when you push the ACCEPT key your card will be charged with the declared amount of money, the machine will print your ticket, and then the card will slide out of the reader,
– when you push the CANCEL key, the card will slide out of the reader without it being charged with any amount of money, and any coins you might have additionally put into the machine will be returned.
Detailed information on Wroclawska Karta Miejska URBANCARD card and the list of shops where you can recharge it are available in ZDiUM registered office, in the Metered Parking Zone Service Desk, and on the web page www.urbancard.pl